- Photographer Was Given Exclusive Access To Moscow’s Empty Subway Stations
- 4 Ways to Manage Anxiety (Science Backed)
- 10 Native American Tales Of Wisdom That Will Touch Your Soul
- These Are The Bad Habits Of Each Zodiac Sign
- 7 Things People With High Emotional Intelligence Do Differently
- 5 Simple Ways To Embrace Being Alone
- 6 Reasons People Lose Their Ability To Love
- Another Powerful Message From Jim Carrey That Could Change Your Life Forever
- 10 Reasons Why People Who Like Sleeping Naked Are Healthier People
- Finally!!! Monsanto Has To Appear Before International Tribunal
When It’s Dark, This Normal-Looking Coffee Table Completely Transforms
Your living room can be a treacherous place late at night when the lights are out. Stubbed toes and bruised knees can become a real problem. That is, unless your furniture glows in the dark.
This DIY coffee table will not only make your room less of an obstacle course, it can also take a boring space and turn it into an epic one. Made of gorgeous black walnut and a special glow-in-the-dark epoxy, this thing becomes amazing once the lights go out. Check out how this beautiful table was built below.
He began with some black walnut wood that had been in storage for 40 years.
By milling down the planks, he gave them a more finished look for the table.
He then made a mixture of epoxy and orange glow-in-the-dark powder to fill in holes from removed knots and cracks.
He taped around the holes to ensure precision.
After, he removed the dried resin from the tabletop using a hand plane and an orbital sander.
The next step was to attach the apron and legs to the table.
Here’s the finished product.
The way the resin glows in the holes and cracks of the table is so beautiful. This makes for a truly unique piece of furniture.
I think I want to start adding glow-in-the-dark elements to all of my furniture pieces – this is so cool!
Thanks to ViralNova