We live in a wondrous world filled with marvels all around us, but sometimes we forget. Getting caught up in our daily lives most people barely stop to smell the roses, much less open the roses to look inside. Well, it turns out that there are beautiful secrets hidden underneath and inside things you would never even think to take a closer look at.
A lions fur is gorgeous on the outside but have you ever seen the intricate pattern that sits beneath? or how about the quarry where they mine the marble for your counter tops? The following list is another collection of rare photos that show the unseen side of things that are all around us.
If something catches your eye don’t forget to upvote your favorite! (H/T: Bored Panda)
1. This Is What A Cleaned Heart Looks Like
2. The Giant Heads Of Easter Island Do Have Bodies
3. This Is What A Baby Flamingo Looks Like
4. This Is An Intact Human Nervous System
5. Grains Of Salt Under Electron Microscope
6. Large Ice Crystals In Switzerland
7. Aurora Of Different Planets
8. This Is What A Tiger’s Skin Looks Like When It’s Shaved
“Interestingly, the skin of the tiger is also striped beneath the patterned fur,” say Tigers.org. “The darkness of the pigmentation of the skin seems to be directly related to the darkness of the fur.”
9. You Can See Every Organ In The Glass Frog
10. Here’s What An Albino Raccoon Looks Like
11. The Dark Side Of The Moon Passing In Front Of The Earth, Captured From One Million Miles Away
12. Some 5-Pointed Starfish Can Be Squared Due To Birth Defects
13. What Thousands Of Years Look Like In One Photo (Dun Briste Sea Stack, Downpatrick Head, Co. Mayo, Ireland)
14. Snow Covered Net Roof Of The Aviary In The Zoo
15. What’s Under A Reporter’s Back: “Our Job Is So Glamorous”
16. This Globe For Blind People
17. This Is What An Empty Boeing 787 Looks Like
While Boeing isn’t having a great time right now, with grave safety concerns over it’s new 737 max 8, the dreamliner has been a commercial success. Still, it wasn’t all plain sailing; the aircraft suffered from several in-service problems related to its lithium-ion batteries, including fires on board during commercial service. This resulted in the FAA grounding all 787s in the US in 2013, with other civil aviation authorities following suit. The battery design was revised, and the Dreamliner was back in the skies within a few weeks.
18. Sniper’s Nest At The Super Bowl
These guys are here to make sure that if someone does go beserk and undertakes a terrorist attack, they are in a position to stop it as quickly as possible. Sadly, this is just the world we live in.
19. What A Salt Mine Looks Like From The Inside
In Roman times, salt on the table was a mark of wealth; so valuable was this resource that soldier’s pay was originally in salt. This is where the word ‘salary’ comes from.