Japanese culture is absolutely incomparable to any in our Western world. Their deeply rooted politeness, precision, and dedication to work are rarely seen anywhere else.
And though you might know Japan as a home to anime, sumo wrestlers, cherry blossoms and bullet trains, their ingenuity shows in many other aspects of their daily lives. Starting with extremely innovative toilets and vending machines filled with fresh farm eggs, to the unique system of Tokyo subway and drainage canals swarming with Koi fish. These are just a particle of the interesting facts about Japanese culture. Actually, there are so many that this one post couldn’t fit them all. Bored Panda has compiled some of the weirdest inventions, cultural practices and amazing facts about Japan that will make this country your go-to destination.
1. Bus Drivers In Japan Were On Strike But Continued Driving Their Routes While Refusing To Take Fares From Passengers
2. Drink Cans Have Names Written In Braille On The Top
3. Japanese Fans Stayed Behind After The FIFA World Cup 2014 Match To Help Clean Up
4. There Are Baby Seats Attached To The Wall In Most Bathrooms
5. You Can Often Find This Kind Of Toilet In Japan. Wash Your Hands And Reuse The Water For Your Next Flush
6. Japan’s Manhole Covers Are Beautiful
7. Most Japanese Schools Don’t Have Custodians. Instead, The Students Do The Cleaning Themselves As A Part Of Showing Gratitude To The School And Learning How To Become More Productive Members Of Society
8. The Note In Japanese Says, “I Accidentally Knocked Over Your Bike And Broke The Bell. I Am Very Sorry”
9. This Is How Smooth The Bullet Train Is In Japan
10. Koi Fishes Even Live In Drainage Channels In Japan
11. Another Reason Why I Love Japan
12. This Toilet In Japan Has A System Of Occupied/Vacant Toilets Information
13. At Narita International Airport (Tokyo) They Give You Free Origami Instead Of Candy